18 de febrero de 2012

This one is for you

This is the first time in my life that I write a post in English. And there is a reason to do it today. 

Recently a friend of mine in her thirties, original from the USA, a young, sporty, talented and full of life woman got shocking news from the doctor: cancer was knocking on her door. This week as well in my home town, another young friend of mine, also in her thirties, got back home from the hospital, after severe complications with her lungs. That is life, always a coin with to sides.

There is certain experiences in the life of an expatriate that can only be understood by another expatriate. And that is my case. As a expatriate you live far away from family and friends, in such a way that your new friends become your expat family. And you also need to find ways and means to keep in touch and give support to those who remain there, wherever you come from. 

I am still very positively admired by the spirit and attitude of both of my friends, both looking at the bright side of their lives. One decided to re-start writting her blog while the other one gathered all of us around her and her husband for a drink to let them feel that we will be there for them. 

Both have set an example for all of us. By being strong while keeping the fellings very visible. By being so human. By being so authentic

Thank you for the lesson that you both gave me this week. I needed to tell you this. 

This one is for you.


0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario